“Did she just say cookie dough?!?” Yes. Yes I did. Here’s the thing… cookie dough and I go way back. Although my mom always warned me that I could get a stomach ache or worse from eating the raw cookie dough, she also happens to be pretty awesome (in more ways than one) and let me take that delicious risk. And my favorite cookie dough (or cookie) is probably Oatmeal Chocolate Chip. You guys know my story… I used to be pretty addicted to sugar and thankfully that’s no longer the case. What I love about this recipe is the fact that I can enjoy that same treat I love, but without the raw egg, butter, gluten, or excessive refined sugar. I use almond butter and my P96 protein powder to add an extra dose of goodness to this sweet treat! I also use the best raw honey, Hutton Honey!, that I get from my Uncle David. I highly encourage finding someone you know or someone local to get your honey from. Raw, local honey actually boasts quite a few health benefits and it’s a million times better than the stuff in a plastic bear. Here it is, my sweet treat go-to without all the guilt.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip "Cookie Dough"
Protein packed snack without all the guilt!
- 1 c. rolled oats
- 1 packet P96 grassfed whey protein powder, vanilla
- 1/4 c. mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. almond butter
- 1/8 c. honey
- 4 T. coconut milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
2. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl and use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to mix. The mixture should evenly coat all the oats and be slightly sticky.
3. Use a 1 oz. scoop to portion into individual servings.
4. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.