- Use leftover roasted asparagus or steamed peas, or make extras the days before as a way to speed up your prep time and reduce food waste.
- Prepare the Vinaigrette in advance, or store leftovers in a mason jar in the fridge for easy access and flavor boost to other meals too!
Salmon & Spring Veggies Salad
Salmon & Salad
- 1 filet wild caught salmon (4-6oz) (per person)
- 2 cups organic butter lettuce (leaves torn)
- 1/2 cup organic asparagus
- 2 T. organic sweet peas
- 1 hard boiled egg
Dijon Lemon Vinaigrette
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. minced garlic
- Pinch of sea salt
To prepare salmon, lightly drizzle filet with avocado oil, a squeeze of lemon, and salt & pepper to taste.
Using a stainless steel or cast iron pan, sear salmon skin side up over medium high heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side depending on size and thickness of the filet. Remove salmon from pan when cooked and allow to cool slightly.
Making the Vinaigrette
Simply. combine dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until combined.
While the salmon cooks, lightly roast or steam the asparagus and peas on the. stove top.
Toss the roasted/steamed veggies with the torn butter lettuce leaves in a salad bowl. Top with the sliced hard boiled egg and the cooked salmon.
Drizzle with Dijon Lemon Vinaigrette and serve immediately.